K`taka CM condoles Deshmukh`s demise
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday expressed grief over the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
In his condolence message, Shettar said that in his long political career, Deshmukh had adorned top posts like that of Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Union Minister and rendered yeoman service.
"In his death, the nation has lost a tall leader. May his soul rest in peace and may God provide strength to the bereaved family to bear this loss," he said.
KPCC President G Parameshwara also condoled the death, describing Deshmukh as a great leader who was committed to the development of the nation.
He was in many ways the ideal Congress leader, always accepting the party`s decision, the KPCC leader added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living