K`taka CM condoles Deshmukh`s demise
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday expressed grief over the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
In his condolence message, Shettar said that in his long political career, Deshmukh had adorned top posts like that of Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Union Minister and rendered yeoman service.
"In his death, the nation has lost a tall leader. May his soul rest in peace and may God provide strength to the bereaved family to bear this loss," he said.
KPCC President G Parameshwara also condoled the death, describing Deshmukh as a great leader who was committed to the development of the nation.
He was in many ways the ideal Congress leader, always accepting the party`s decision, the KPCC leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!