K`taka CM condoles Deshmukh`s demise
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday expressed grief over the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
In his condolence message, Shettar said that in his long political career, Deshmukh had adorned top posts like that of Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Union Minister and rendered yeoman service.
"In his death, the nation has lost a tall leader. May his soul rest in peace and may God provide strength to the bereaved family to bear this loss," he said.
KPCC President G Parameshwara also condoled the death, describing Deshmukh as a great leader who was committed to the development of the nation.
He was in many ways the ideal Congress leader, always accepting the party`s decision, the KPCC leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra