K`taka CM condoles Deshmukh`s demise
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday expressed grief over the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
In his condolence message, Shettar said that in his long political career, Deshmukh had adorned top posts like that of Chief Minister of Maharashtra and Union Minister and rendered yeoman service.
"In his death, the nation has lost a tall leader. May his soul rest in peace and may God provide strength to the bereaved family to bear this loss," he said.
KPCC President G Parameshwara also condoled the death, describing Deshmukh as a great leader who was committed to the development of the nation.
He was in many ways the ideal Congress leader, always accepting the party`s decision, the KPCC leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday