Kurla minor rape accused sent to judicial custody till July 28
Mumbai: A local court today remanded Javed
Rehman Shaikh (19), arrested in connection with the rape and
murder of an eight-year-old girl in suburban Kurla, to
judicial custody till July 28.
Javed, working with a local cable operator, was arrested
from his residence in Kurla on July 1 when the court sent him
to police custody for 14 days.
The Nehru Nagar police, investigating the case, today
sought further custody of Javed.
The Vikhroli metropolitan magistrate, however, observed
that there are no reasonable grounds to grant further custody
and remanded Javed to judicial custody.
Javed has been accused of raping and murdering a minor
girl, whose body was recovered in an abandoned room of a
dilapidated building in Vatsalatai Nagar slums of Kurla on
Earlier on February 9, the body of a five-year-old girl
was found in a drain in Nehru Nagar. One March 7, a
nine-year-old girl`s body was recovered from the terrace of a
building in Nehru Nagar police quarters. Both the girls were
raped and murdered.
The culprit involved in these two cases are yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption