Kurla minor rape accused sent to judicial custody till July 28
Mumbai: A local court today remanded Javed
Rehman Shaikh (19), arrested in connection with the rape and
murder of an eight-year-old girl in suburban Kurla, to
judicial custody till July 28.
Javed, working with a local cable operator, was arrested
from his residence in Kurla on July 1 when the court sent him
to police custody for 14 days.
The Nehru Nagar police, investigating the case, today
sought further custody of Javed.
The Vikhroli metropolitan magistrate, however, observed
that there are no reasonable grounds to grant further custody
and remanded Javed to judicial custody.
Javed has been accused of raping and murdering a minor
girl, whose body was recovered in an abandoned room of a
dilapidated building in Vatsalatai Nagar slums of Kurla on
Earlier on February 9, the body of a five-year-old girl
was found in a drain in Nehru Nagar. One March 7, a
nine-year-old girl`s body was recovered from the terrace of a
building in Nehru Nagar police quarters. Both the girls were
raped and murdered.
The culprit involved in these two cases are yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'