Kurla minor rape accused sent to judicial custody till July 28
Mumbai: A local court today remanded Javed
Rehman Shaikh (19), arrested in connection with the rape and
murder of an eight-year-old girl in suburban Kurla, to
judicial custody till July 28.
Javed, working with a local cable operator, was arrested
from his residence in Kurla on July 1 when the court sent him
to police custody for 14 days.
The Nehru Nagar police, investigating the case, today
sought further custody of Javed.
The Vikhroli metropolitan magistrate, however, observed
that there are no reasonable grounds to grant further custody
and remanded Javed to judicial custody.
Javed has been accused of raping and murdering a minor
girl, whose body was recovered in an abandoned room of a
dilapidated building in Vatsalatai Nagar slums of Kurla on
Earlier on February 9, the body of a five-year-old girl
was found in a drain in Nehru Nagar. One March 7, a
nine-year-old girl`s body was recovered from the terrace of a
building in Nehru Nagar police quarters. Both the girls were
raped and murdered.
The culprit involved in these two cases are yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why