Labourer dies in mishap at Adani Power plant
Gondia: A contractual labourer was killed and two others critically injured in a mishap at Adani Power Maharashtra Ltd`s plant at Tirora near here on Monday, police said.
Santosh Bisen (30), a resident of village Berdipaar near here, died on the spot, while two others - Ramesh Bisen and Umesh Patle - sustained critical injuries and admitted to a hospital in Gondia, they said.
The accident occurred when the work of installing cooling water pipes was on at Unit-II of the plant.
The labourers were working beneath the pipes when water flow was opened in the upper pipes. Due to this, pipes started sliding and the workers got trapped under them, they said.
Soon after the incident, over 1,500 labourers gathered and ransacked a fire station in the plant and set ablaze two ambulances. Police were called to control the unruly workers who were demanding compensation for the victims.
Terming the incident as very unfortunate, Sanjay Argade, DGM-HR, Adani Power Maharashtra, "We at Adani would like to reiterate that we follow the highest and strictest standards of health and safety."
"The safety of our thousands of employees is Adani`s top-most priority and we have a well planned safety training programme for our employees and those of contractors as well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley