`Lack of coordination a cause of Munde resentment`
Mumbai: BJP national secretary Kirit Sommaiya on Friday said that senior leader Gopinath Munde`s unhappiness over being sidelined could have been caused by the
lack of co-ordination within the party.
"Mundeji is a senior party leader and even though he
was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time, he was made
the Deputy leader of BJP in the lower house of the
Parliament," Sommaiya said, talking to reporters here.
"There could be a lack of coordination," he said, when
asked what could have caused his resentment.
When asked whether this situation indicated that BJP had
given up the slogan `Nation first, Party next, Self last`,
Sommaiya said, "I don`t think so."
When asked why the party did not persuade Swami
Nigamanand -- who died while on a hunger strike against
mining in the Ganga riverbed -- to give up the fast, Sommaiya
said the Uttarakhand government tried its best in this regard.
"Using force would not have been correct," Sommaiya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video