Lady teacher who ran away with minor student caught in Bangalore
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Saturday arrested a 23- year-old lady teacher for allegedly kidnapping a 16-year-old boy and taking him to Karnataka.
The boy`s father had filed a complaint with the Vakola police station in suburban Mumbai that his son, a 9th standard student, had not returned home since January 25.
"That day he had told his father he was going out for getting some clothes. As he did not return till late night, the father filed a complaint," said a police officer.
During the probe, police learnt that Anjali Singh, his teacher, had befriended the boy and they were in touch on the internet messaging application Whatsapp. "The two used to go out very often," said the officer.
On learning that Singh too was missing from January 25, the boy`s father filed a kidnapping case.
The Crime Branch sleuths first went to Goa on their trail, where Singh had smashed up her mobile to ensure that they won`t be traced.
Police then found out that they had left for Bangalore and were staying there.
"She had even started working there at a mall," said the officer.
A team was sent to Bangalore and two were brought to Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health