Lakdawala`s aide held for attack on realty broker
Mumbai: An alleged aide of gangster Ejaz
Lakdawala has been arrested in connection with a firing
incident in which a 32-year-old real estate broker, suspected
to be closely associated with members of the Chhota Shakeel
gang, was injured last month, police said on Friday.
Zakiria Rashid Khan (40) was nabbed from Mahim in central
Mumbai recently for allegedly supplying weapons at Lakdawala`s
behest that were used in the crime, a Crime Branch official
Khan, working for Lakdawala for the past eight months,
was sent to police custody till November 21 by a local court.
With this, the number of those arrested for the October 1
firing incident has gone up to five.
Four other accused - Jafar Isaak Madwala, Prashant Rao,
Nilesh Jatanna and Riyaz Ahmed Shaikh - were arrested between
the last month and second week of November.
Four 7.65 mm bore pistols and nine live rounds were
recovered from the earlier arrested persons, police said.
Victim Sohail Khan was fired at by two motorcycle-borne
assailants, suspected to be Rao and Jatanna, in South Mumbai,
According to police, Khan used to provide tiffin boxes to
the Shakeel gang members lodged in Arthur Road Jail in 2004
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter