Lakdawala`s aide held for attack on realty broker
Mumbai: An alleged aide of gangster Ejaz
Lakdawala has been arrested in connection with a firing
incident in which a 32-year-old real estate broker, suspected
to be closely associated with members of the Chhota Shakeel
gang, was injured last month, police said on Friday.
Zakiria Rashid Khan (40) was nabbed from Mahim in central
Mumbai recently for allegedly supplying weapons at Lakdawala`s
behest that were used in the crime, a Crime Branch official
Khan, working for Lakdawala for the past eight months,
was sent to police custody till November 21 by a local court.
With this, the number of those arrested for the October 1
firing incident has gone up to five.
Four other accused - Jafar Isaak Madwala, Prashant Rao,
Nilesh Jatanna and Riyaz Ahmed Shaikh - were arrested between
the last month and second week of November.
Four 7.65 mm bore pistols and nine live rounds were
recovered from the earlier arrested persons, police said.
Victim Sohail Khan was fired at by two motorcycle-borne
assailants, suspected to be Rao and Jatanna, in South Mumbai,
According to police, Khan used to provide tiffin boxes to
the Shakeel gang members lodged in Arthur Road Jail in 2004
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed