Land officer jailed for bribe for receiving Rs 300
Thane: A Land Records officer who was found guilty of demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 3000 was sentenced to prison by a court in Vasai.
The accused officer--Pramod V Sankhe--was found guilty under Section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 following which Special Judge R M Joshi awarded him two years
imprisonment and fined him with Rs 2,000.
The judge also held the officer guilty under Section 13 (1) (d) and 13 (2) of the Act and sentenced to another two years jail and a fine of Rs 2,500. If he fails to pay the fine
on both the counts he will undergo another six months imprisonment the order stated.
Additional Public Prosecutor Irani told the court the officer had demanded the sum from complainant Rohit Samant for issuing him a heir certificate.
He accepted the bribe money of Rs 3000 from Samant on March 12, 2008 when the officials of Thane Unit of ACB laid a trap and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof