Land officer jailed for bribe for receiving Rs 300
Thane: A Land Records officer who was found guilty of demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 3000 was sentenced to prison by a court in Vasai.
The accused officer--Pramod V Sankhe--was found guilty under Section 7 of Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 following which Special Judge R M Joshi awarded him two years
imprisonment and fined him with Rs 2,000.
The judge also held the officer guilty under Section 13 (1) (d) and 13 (2) of the Act and sentenced to another two years jail and a fine of Rs 2,500. If he fails to pay the fine
on both the counts he will undergo another six months imprisonment the order stated.
Additional Public Prosecutor Irani told the court the officer had demanded the sum from complainant Rohit Samant for issuing him a heir certificate.
He accepted the bribe money of Rs 3000 from Samant on March 12, 2008 when the officials of Thane Unit of ACB laid a trap and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!