Land row: Ruckus in Maha Assembly over CAG report
Mumbai: The explosive report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on land allotments on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra Assembly, forcing its adjournment till 12 noon.
The ruckus occurred after the opposition members demanded that the CAG report be tabled in the Assembly today.
The contents of the CAG report that were leaked to the media alleges that Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, during his tenure as the Maharashtra Chief Minister, made inappropriate land allotments.
The CAG report also names five senior politicians for alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Besides Deshmukh, those named in the CAG report are Maharashtra cabinet ministers Narayan Rane, Chhagan Bhujbal, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Patangrao Kadam.
According to the CAG report, former ministers Nitin Raut, Vasant Purke and Ajit Ghorpade also showed low incomes to get homes in the Aashirwad Cooperative Housing Society.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics