Land row: Ruckus in Maha Assembly over CAG report
Mumbai: The explosive report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on land allotments on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra Assembly, forcing its adjournment till 12 noon.
The ruckus occurred after the opposition members demanded that the CAG report be tabled in the Assembly today.
The contents of the CAG report that were leaked to the media alleges that Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, during his tenure as the Maharashtra Chief Minister, made inappropriate land allotments.
The CAG report also names five senior politicians for alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Besides Deshmukh, those named in the CAG report are Maharashtra cabinet ministers Narayan Rane, Chhagan Bhujbal, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Patangrao Kadam.
According to the CAG report, former ministers Nitin Raut, Vasant Purke and Ajit Ghorpade also showed low incomes to get homes in the Aashirwad Cooperative Housing Society.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das