Land row: Ruckus in Maha Assembly over CAG report
Mumbai: The explosive report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on land allotments on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra Assembly, forcing its adjournment till 12 noon.
The ruckus occurred after the opposition members demanded that the CAG report be tabled in the Assembly today.
The contents of the CAG report that were leaked to the media alleges that Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, during his tenure as the Maharashtra Chief Minister, made inappropriate land allotments.
The CAG report also names five senior politicians for alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Besides Deshmukh, those named in the CAG report are Maharashtra cabinet ministers Narayan Rane, Chhagan Bhujbal, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Patangrao Kadam.
According to the CAG report, former ministers Nitin Raut, Vasant Purke and Ajit Ghorpade also showed low incomes to get homes in the Aashirwad Cooperative Housing Society.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city