Land row: Ruckus in Maha Assembly over CAG report
Mumbai: The explosive report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on land allotments on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra Assembly, forcing its adjournment till 12 noon.
The ruckus occurred after the opposition members demanded that the CAG report be tabled in the Assembly today.
The contents of the CAG report that were leaked to the media alleges that Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, during his tenure as the Maharashtra Chief Minister, made inappropriate land allotments.
The CAG report also names five senior politicians for alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Besides Deshmukh, those named in the CAG report are Maharashtra cabinet ministers Narayan Rane, Chhagan Bhujbal, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Patangrao Kadam.
According to the CAG report, former ministers Nitin Raut, Vasant Purke and Ajit Ghorpade also showed low incomes to get homes in the Aashirwad Cooperative Housing Society.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress