Land row: Ruckus in Maha Assembly over CAG report
Mumbai: The explosive report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) on land allotments on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra Assembly, forcing its adjournment till 12 noon.
The ruckus occurred after the opposition members demanded that the CAG report be tabled in the Assembly today.
The contents of the CAG report that were leaked to the media alleges that Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, during his tenure as the Maharashtra Chief Minister, made inappropriate land allotments.
The CAG report also names five senior politicians for alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Besides Deshmukh, those named in the CAG report are Maharashtra cabinet ministers Narayan Rane, Chhagan Bhujbal, Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Patangrao Kadam.
According to the CAG report, former ministers Nitin Raut, Vasant Purke and Ajit Ghorpade also showed low incomes to get homes in the Aashirwad Cooperative Housing Society.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’