Land scam: CBI registers case against retd Lt Gen
Mumbai: CBI has registered case against two
retired army officials including a Lt Gen and a private
builder for alleged cheating and criminal misconduct in
settling a land dispute matter out of court.
"A case has been registered against retired Lt Gen Nobel
Thamburaj, the then General Officer in Command, Pune Circle, S
R Nayyar, retired Defence Estate Officer, Pune Circle and
Kalpataru builders for criminal conspiracy, cheating and
criminal misconduct," CBI said in a statement here.
The case was registered following a complaint received
from the Defence Ministry to CBI.
According to the CBI, Gen Thamburaj and Nayyar had
allegedly shown undue favor to Pune-based Kalpataru builders
for a property measuring 0.96 acres in Defence Land at Pune
"There was a dispute going on regarding the property in
question. Thamburaj and Nayyar settled the matter out of court
in spite of several court orders given in favor of the army.
The duo indulged in gross misconduct," CBI said.
The two retired army officials ignored rules and
policies, violated the terms of lease entered into by the
Ministry of Defence and Kalpataru and caused the private
company pecuniary gains to the tune of Rs 46 crore, it said.
"Investigations are on to find out what the two accused
got in return of the undue favor shown by them to Kalpataru,"
Joint Director (Western Region) CBI, Rishiraj Singh said.
Searches were being conducted at the Pune residences of
Thamburaj and Nayyar and also at the office premises of
Kalpataru builders at Koregaon Park in Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi