Land sharks bid to grab Rs 800 cr army land?
Mumbai: Army on Tuesday alleged that revenue
records that had shown a 69-acre land in Pune belonging to
military since 1918, were changed in 2008 in favour of certain
"Survey No 233A of Lohegaon village, Pune is a plot of
69 acres of defence land. This land has been in possession of
army since 1920s and the land has been occupied by army units
where army has carried out training, plantation, construction
of a small temple, a green house and boundary wall," a defence
press release said.
"The revenue records clearly show this as military
land. In 2008, portion of this land was acquired by the Pune
Municipal Corporation for road widening project by paying Rs
4.45 crore to the government of India. This gave an indication
of the cost of this land, which is approximately Rs 800 crore
and since then, parties with vested interest have tried to lay
their claim over this land," the release said.
"To achieve their aim they have manipulated land
records of Defence Estates Office. Even revenue records that
had shown the land belonging to military since 1918 have been
changed in 2008 in favour of certain individuals," it said.
HQ Southern Command and Defence Estates Office
Southern Command raised the issue with CBI and the case is
being investigated for possibility of manipulation of land
records, it said, adding the case is sub judice.
"The land-sharks have been making concerted effects to
grab defence land at prime locations. To frustrate their
designs, Southern Command has embarked upon a project of
physical identification and demarcation of all defence lands,
organising better watch and ward arrangements and digitising
the land records in the national interest," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum