Land sharks bid to grab Rs 800 cr army land?
Mumbai: Army on Tuesday alleged that revenue
records that had shown a 69-acre land in Pune belonging to
military since 1918, were changed in 2008 in favour of certain
"Survey No 233A of Lohegaon village, Pune is a plot of
69 acres of defence land. This land has been in possession of
army since 1920s and the land has been occupied by army units
where army has carried out training, plantation, construction
of a small temple, a green house and boundary wall," a defence
press release said.
"The revenue records clearly show this as military
land. In 2008, portion of this land was acquired by the Pune
Municipal Corporation for road widening project by paying Rs
4.45 crore to the government of India. This gave an indication
of the cost of this land, which is approximately Rs 800 crore
and since then, parties with vested interest have tried to lay
their claim over this land," the release said.
"To achieve their aim they have manipulated land
records of Defence Estates Office. Even revenue records that
had shown the land belonging to military since 1918 have been
changed in 2008 in favour of certain individuals," it said.
HQ Southern Command and Defence Estates Office
Southern Command raised the issue with CBI and the case is
being investigated for possibility of manipulation of land
records, it said, adding the case is sub judice.
"The land-sharks have been making concerted effects to
grab defence land at prime locations. To frustrate their
designs, Southern Command has embarked upon a project of
physical identification and demarcation of all defence lands,
organising better watch and ward arrangements and digitising
the land records in the national interest," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark