Landslide at Antop Hill in Mumbai; 2 dead, 1 injured
Mumbai: At least two people were killed and one was injured after a landslide in Antop Hill area of the city on Wednesday.
"The deceased have been identified as Sandeep Ramavtar Kevat (22) and Ramavtar Parvaru Kevat (45). Salim Sheikh (27) has been admitted to the Sion hospital with injuries," a BMC official said.
The mishap took place on Mistry Dargah Road near Old Post Office in the Antop Hill area, he said, adding that rescue operations by the fire brigade was on and there is a possibility of a few more people being trapped under the debris.
He said that the landslide also destroyed around six houses.
Six fire engines, two ambulances and one house collapse van are still stationed at the spot, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living