Landslide at Antop Hill in Mumbai; 2 dead, 1 injured
Mumbai: At least two people were killed and one was injured after a landslide in Antop Hill area of the city on Wednesday.
"The deceased have been identified as Sandeep Ramavtar Kevat (22) and Ramavtar Parvaru Kevat (45). Salim Sheikh (27) has been admitted to the Sion hospital with injuries," a BMC official said.
The mishap took place on Mistry Dargah Road near Old Post Office in the Antop Hill area, he said, adding that rescue operations by the fire brigade was on and there is a possibility of a few more people being trapped under the debris.
He said that the landslide also destroyed around six houses.
Six fire engines, two ambulances and one house collapse van are still stationed at the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog