Lata Mangeshkar pitches for Narendra Modi as India`s next PM
Zee Media Bureau/Sushmita Dutta
Pune: Singing legend Lata Mangeshkar on Friday confirmed that her vote for the upcoming 2014 General Elections will go for the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"I wish that Narendra Modi should become the PM," Lata Mangeshkar said.
Addressing a gathering at the inauguration of Dinanath Mangeshkar super specialty hospital here, Modi said, "I got a letter from Lata Didi, her letter is a big gift for me."
Dinanath Mangeshkar super specialty hospital has been built in memory of Lata`s late father.
At the inaugural function, Lata Mangeshkar was accompanied with her younger sister Asha Bhosle.
While pitching for a good healthcare system in the country, Modi said, "There is a serious need for skilled workers in healthcare sector."
However, Modi further said that there is a serious need for skilled workers in healthcare sector.
"Nation can go ahead if we accept the strength of society and give it importance. The teachers, the saint and the people have made India but not kings and emperors," Modi added.
"Doctors from India are doing a good job across the world. Can`t India connect to the world through healthcare? We get patients from across the world and there is a serious need for skilled workers in healthcare sector to connect with the people across the world," he said.
With our talented doctors and technology, we can gain reputation in an era of health tourism," the Gujarat Chief Minister said.
Recalling the instance of a Pakistani girl who was operated on in a Bangalore hospital some time back, he said this act built a bridge of compassion touching hearts of all Pakistanis.
"With our talent and skilled manpower, India can carve a niche for herself in the world in the global health sector," he said.
Earlier, Lata also said she was very happy with her
association with Modi to whom she had sent a collection of her Gujarati songs.
"I hope he likes those songs. When it came to making a choice as to whom we should invite to inaugurate this super- speciality project of our hospital, his was the first name that came to my mind," she added.
Lata also recalled that the first phase of the hospital was inaugurated by Atal Bihari Vajpayee when he was the Prime Minister.
Her equally famous singer-sister, Asha Bhosale, sang a Gujarati song on the occasion.
The city wore the look of a fortress the whole day as unprecedented security was deployed for Modi in view of serial blasts in Patna earlier this week.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical