Latehar encounter toll goes up to 13
Ranchi: The toll in Monday’s encounter in Jharkhand`s Latehar district has gone up to 13, as the Maoists booby-trapped the bodies with explosives which exploded subsequently causing the high casualty figure.
"Nine CRPF and a Jharkhand Jaguar personnel and three civilians were killed in the encounter with Maoists," Director General of Police G S Rath said here on Wednesday.
Thirteen CRPF and two Jaguar personnel suffered injuries, he said.
The rebels planted explosives underneath the bodies, which exploded when other personnel went to remove them.
Two villagers had died yesterday and the body of another was recovered today, the DGP said.
The police had confirmed had confirmed the death of seven CRPF personnel on Monday.
The CRPF’s 134 and 112 battalions and Jharkhand Jaguar personnel were engaged in the anti-naxal operations when the encounter took place near Katila locality of Amuatikar village of the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed