Latehar encounter toll goes up to 13
Ranchi: The toll in Monday’s encounter in Jharkhand`s Latehar district has gone up to 13, as the Maoists booby-trapped the bodies with explosives which exploded subsequently causing the high casualty figure.
"Nine CRPF and a Jharkhand Jaguar personnel and three civilians were killed in the encounter with Maoists," Director General of Police G S Rath said here on Wednesday.
Thirteen CRPF and two Jaguar personnel suffered injuries, he said.
The rebels planted explosives underneath the bodies, which exploded when other personnel went to remove them.
Two villagers had died yesterday and the body of another was recovered today, the DGP said.
The police had confirmed had confirmed the death of seven CRPF personnel on Monday.
The CRPF’s 134 and 112 battalions and Jharkhand Jaguar personnel were engaged in the anti-naxal operations when the encounter took place near Katila locality of Amuatikar village of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!