Latehar encounter toll goes up to 13
Ranchi: The toll in Monday’s encounter in Jharkhand`s Latehar district has gone up to 13, as the Maoists booby-trapped the bodies with explosives which exploded subsequently causing the high casualty figure.
"Nine CRPF and a Jharkhand Jaguar personnel and three civilians were killed in the encounter with Maoists," Director General of Police G S Rath said here on Wednesday.
Thirteen CRPF and two Jaguar personnel suffered injuries, he said.
The rebels planted explosives underneath the bodies, which exploded when other personnel went to remove them.
Two villagers had died yesterday and the body of another was recovered today, the DGP said.
The police had confirmed had confirmed the death of seven CRPF personnel on Monday.
The CRPF’s 134 and 112 battalions and Jharkhand Jaguar personnel were engaged in the anti-naxal operations when the encounter took place near Katila locality of Amuatikar village of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days