Latehar encounter toll goes up to 13
Ranchi: The toll in Monday’s encounter in Jharkhand`s Latehar district has gone up to 13, as the Maoists booby-trapped the bodies with explosives which exploded subsequently causing the high casualty figure.
"Nine CRPF and a Jharkhand Jaguar personnel and three civilians were killed in the encounter with Maoists," Director General of Police G S Rath said here on Wednesday.
Thirteen CRPF and two Jaguar personnel suffered injuries, he said.
The rebels planted explosives underneath the bodies, which exploded when other personnel went to remove them.
Two villagers had died yesterday and the body of another was recovered today, the DGP said.
The police had confirmed had confirmed the death of seven CRPF personnel on Monday.
The CRPF’s 134 and 112 battalions and Jharkhand Jaguar personnel were engaged in the anti-naxal operations when the encounter took place near Katila locality of Amuatikar village of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch