Latehar encounter toll goes up to 13
Ranchi: The toll in Monday’s encounter in Jharkhand`s Latehar district has gone up to 13, as the Maoists booby-trapped the bodies with explosives which exploded subsequently causing the high casualty figure.
"Nine CRPF and a Jharkhand Jaguar personnel and three civilians were killed in the encounter with Maoists," Director General of Police G S Rath said here on Wednesday.
Thirteen CRPF and two Jaguar personnel suffered injuries, he said.
The rebels planted explosives underneath the bodies, which exploded when other personnel went to remove them.
Two villagers had died yesterday and the body of another was recovered today, the DGP said.
The police had confirmed had confirmed the death of seven CRPF personnel on Monday.
The CRPF’s 134 and 112 battalions and Jharkhand Jaguar personnel were engaged in the anti-naxal operations when the encounter took place near Katila locality of Amuatikar village of the district.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar