Lavasa project deserves sympathetic consideration: NCP
Pune: The controversial Lavasa project deserves a "sympathetic consideration" from the Union Environment Ministry since huge investment is involved and
there is great job potential, the NCP on Monday said.
"If such a huge investment is taking place offering jobs and if there is no opposition from the locals, this project should be considered sympathetically. If any mistakes have occurred, penalty could be imposed," NCP MP Supriya Sule
"There should a fine balance between development and environment," she said.
Sule also said that her party, along with other UPA allies, has expressed concern over the recent hike in petrol prices, and favoured a roll back.
Noting that the government`s decision to hike petrol prices was linked to fluctuations in global prices, she said along with NCP, other coalition partners DMK and TMC also have expressed their concern over the hike, favouring a review
to provide relief to the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!