Law will take its own course against Raj: Chavan
Amravati: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said "law would take its own course" as far as initiating action against MNS chief Raj Thackeray is concerned for his anti-North Indian stand and repeated violation of norms.
"No one is above the law. Though there have been demands from different quarters for action against Raj Thackeray, the law would take its own course as all are equal before the law," Chavan told reporters after attending the golden jubilee celebrations of the Amravati District Central Cooperative Bank.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the condition of Kharip crops in the wake of drought.
Raj is in the eye of a political storm over his remarks against north Indian migrants.
The MNS chief`s strident attack found echo in Bihar with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar slamming him over indulging in politics of settlement.
The state government is facing charge of colluding with the regional outfit by not reining in the MNS chief.
State Congress president Manikrao Thakre has also asked the state government to take legal action against Raj for "repeatedly" taking the law into his hands.
In a letter sent to Home Minister R R Patil yesterday, a copy of which was sent to Chavan, Thakre said the government should take action against Raj and his partymen for violation of norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi