Mumbai: Law will take its own course on the issue of execution of Yakub Memon, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said here on Wednesday.
"Law will take its own course. I appeal to everyone to maintain restraint," Fadnavis told reporters at Vidhan Bhawan.
Meanwhile, a top government functionary said, "So far, we have not received any instructions not to go ahead with it (Yakub's execution)."
"In absence of any specific directives not to go ahead with the execution, if Yakub is not hanged tomorrow, the state government will be in trouble for not implementing the death warrant," he said.
The Supreme Court today refused to stay the execution slated for tomorrow of Memon, the lone death row convict in 1993 Mumbai blasts case, rejecting his last ditch plea to escape the gallows.
Twelve coordinated blasts had rocked Bombay, as the city was then known, on March 12, 1993, leaving 257 dead and over 700 injured.