Lawyer accused of threatening witness gets pre-arrest bail
Mumbai: A lawyer, accused of threatening
a prosecution witness in the murder case of TV executive
Neeraj Grover, has obtained transit anticipatory bail from
Madhya Pradesh High Court, police said on Tuesday.
Advocates Raja Thakur and Murthy Acharya, who had
defended Kannada actress Maria Susairaj, prime accused in the
case, were booked by the city police for allegedly threatening
Usha Ramalu, a `panch` witness.
"Thakur obtained transit anticipatory bail from Madhya
Pradesh High Court. The order dated October 10 gives relief to
Thakur for 15 days. We cannot arrest him before October 25,"
Joint Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said here.
Mumbai Crime Branch had first arrested two persons -
Raju Wankhede and Munshi Yadav - for allegedly threatening
Ramalu with dire consequences if she deposed against Susairaj.
Subsequently, Murthy was arrested and a manhunt was launched
Murthy, Wankhede and Yadav are out on bail.
According to the Crime Branch, Thakur made 40 phone
calls to Wankhede during the period when Ramalu was
Susairaj and her Naval officer-fiance Emile Jerome
Mathew had been accused of murdering Grover after an
altercation at her residence here in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head