Leaders across parties mourn Kaldate`s demise
Mumbai: Senior political leaders paid
tributes to former MP Bapu Kaldate who passed away on Thursday,
describing him a great Parliamentarian and orator.
"In his demise, we have lost an excellent parliamentarian
and sincere activist," Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj
"Kaldate always fought for issues of Marathwada region
and remained a loyal worker of the Rashtra Seva Dal till the
end," PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal said. "Kaldate will always
be remembered as a great parliamentarian," he added.
BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde paid rich
tributes to Kaldate, saying, "I have lost my mentor."
"Bapusaheb never compromised with values for any post and
prestige in political life. He was a leader of my generation.
I have seen people not only from Marathwada but other parts of
the state, enthralled by his oratory skills," he said.
Munde recalled that during Emergency, they were put up in
the same jail and he came in close contact with Kaldate`s
"He fought for the region and its cause. He maintained
very cordial relations with people from various fields and
always insisted on development of the region without
compromising his values. We have lost a crusader who breathed
for the development of Marathwada," Munde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?