Left parties condemn Mumbai blasts
New Delhi: Left parties on Thursday strongly
condemned the Mumbai serial blasts and rued the government`s
inability to track down the perpetrators of recent terror
"It is disturbing that the forces behind the recent bomb
blasts in different parts of the country have not been
identified and apprehended. No efforts should be spared to
track down the culprits of the Mumbai blasts," the CPI(M)
Politburo said in a statement here.
In the same vein, the CPI Central Secretariat said this
was "not the first time" that such blasts have taken place.
"This is clear evidence that the government is unable to trace
the perpetrators through its intelligence agencies. Therefore
the Centre should take appropriate measures to track down the
Senior CPI leader D Raja, who visited a blast site and
hospitals in Mumbai last night, accused Home Minister P
Chidambaram of "continuously failing" at maintaining peace.
Observing that Chidambaram was "resorting to rhetoric
than action", he said though the internal security issue has
been debated many times in Parliament, "no decision to
strengthen the security apparatus seems to have been
implemented. Security agencies might have slackened their
alertness. If lapses are found, action should be taken to plug
Raja also criticised Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi for his reported statement that 99 per cent of terror
attacks have been thwarted.
"Such casual and callous remarks should not be made. One
should be more serious while commenting on such sensitive
incidents," he said, adding that Rahul`s comments on the US
and Afghanistan "raises questions as to whether he knows what
he is talking about".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed