Left parties condemn Mumbai blasts
New Delhi: Left parties on Thursday strongly
condemned the Mumbai serial blasts and rued the government`s
inability to track down the perpetrators of recent terror
"It is disturbing that the forces behind the recent bomb
blasts in different parts of the country have not been
identified and apprehended. No efforts should be spared to
track down the culprits of the Mumbai blasts," the CPI(M)
Politburo said in a statement here.
In the same vein, the CPI Central Secretariat said this
was "not the first time" that such blasts have taken place.
"This is clear evidence that the government is unable to trace
the perpetrators through its intelligence agencies. Therefore
the Centre should take appropriate measures to track down the
Senior CPI leader D Raja, who visited a blast site and
hospitals in Mumbai last night, accused Home Minister P
Chidambaram of "continuously failing" at maintaining peace.
Observing that Chidambaram was "resorting to rhetoric
than action", he said though the internal security issue has
been debated many times in Parliament, "no decision to
strengthen the security apparatus seems to have been
implemented. Security agencies might have slackened their
alertness. If lapses are found, action should be taken to plug
Raja also criticised Congress General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi for his reported statement that 99 per cent of terror
attacks have been thwarted.
"Such casual and callous remarks should not be made. One
should be more serious while commenting on such sensitive
incidents," he said, adding that Rahul`s comments on the US
and Afghanistan "raises questions as to whether he knows what
he is talking about".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?