Left parties to hold anti-Jaitapur protests on Tuesday
Mumbai: The Left parties will hold
statewide agitation tomorrow to demand scrapping of the
proposed Jaitapur nuclear power plant.
Protests would be held all over Maharashtra against
the project and include morchas to collectorates, dharna and
rasta roko in cities and district places, CPI state unit
secretary Prakash Reddy said.
"Those participating in the agitation would condemn
the repression unleashed by the government on the people of
Jaitapur," he said.
In Mumbai, CPI and CPM workers, along with Konkan
Bachao Samiti, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp Virodhi Samiti, trade
unions and youth and students` organisations would hold a
procession on Tuesday to voice opposition for Jaitapur project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert