Left parties to hold anti-Jaitapur protests on Tuesday
Mumbai: The Left parties will hold
statewide agitation tomorrow to demand scrapping of the
proposed Jaitapur nuclear power plant.
Protests would be held all over Maharashtra against
the project and include morchas to collectorates, dharna and
rasta roko in cities and district places, CPI state unit
secretary Prakash Reddy said.
"Those participating in the agitation would condemn
the repression unleashed by the government on the people of
Jaitapur," he said.
In Mumbai, CPI and CPM workers, along with Konkan
Bachao Samiti, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp Virodhi Samiti, trade
unions and youth and students` organisations would hold a
procession on Tuesday to voice opposition for Jaitapur project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok