Left to protest against Jaitapur N-plant today
Mumbai: The Left parties will hold
statewide agitation on Tuesday to demand scrapping of the
proposed Jaitapur nuclear power plant.
Protests would be held all over Maharashtra against
the project, including morchas to collectorates, dharna and
rasta roko in cities and district places, CPI state unit
secretary Prakash Reddy said.
The agitation is against the "the repression unleashed
by the government on the people of Jaitapur," he said.
In Mumbai, CPI and CPM workers, along with Konkan
Bachao Samiti, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp Virodhi Samiti, trade
unions and youth and students` organisations would take out a
procession today to oppose Jaitapur project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum