Left to protest against Jaitapur N-plant today
Mumbai: The Left parties will hold
statewide agitation on Tuesday to demand scrapping of the
proposed Jaitapur nuclear power plant.
Protests would be held all over Maharashtra against
the project, including morchas to collectorates, dharna and
rasta roko in cities and district places, CPI state unit
secretary Prakash Reddy said.
The agitation is against the "the repression unleashed
by the government on the people of Jaitapur," he said.
In Mumbai, CPI and CPM workers, along with Konkan
Bachao Samiti, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp Virodhi Samiti, trade
unions and youth and students` organisations would take out a
procession today to oppose Jaitapur project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants