Let Adarsh panel arrive at decision: Deshmukh
Pune: Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on Monday said that it was up to the judicial panel probing into the Adarsh scam to give its verdict as all the concerned parties have filed their respective affidavits in the case.
When his attention was drawn towards the affidavit filed by former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan, Deshmukh said, "I have filed my affidavit stating my version just as others have done. The commission will examine all this and arrive at its decision."
Chavan, who was state`s revenue minister from 1999 to 2003, when the land was allotted to the controversial society, in an affidavit before the two-member judicial commission probing the alleged fraud, denied any role in it and said the plot was sanctioned by the Chief Minister.
"In respect of allotment of plots of land of the value exceeding Rs 25 lakh and plots of land situated in Pune city, Mumbai city and suburbs, the decision for allotment is that of the Chief Minister as per the Rules of Business," Chavan said in the affidavit, apparently shifting the blame on Deshmukh, without naming him.
Similarly, Deshmukh in his affidavit before the panel on Friday sought to put the onus for alleged irregularities in Adarsh on the Revenue Department and Mumbai collector.
"We can only wait till the verdict is delivered by the commission," Deshmukh told reporters on the sidelines of a function at Balewadi near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested