LeT operative Bilal gets 14 days judicial remand
Nashik: A local court here on Saturday remanded to judicial custody the suspected LeT operative Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed Hussain alias Bilal, arrested for allegedly carrying
out recce of security establishments here.
The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class, S S Oja sent Bilal to 14 days judicial remand after he was presented by ATS squad on expiry of his police custody, Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
Bilal, also a suspect in the Pune blast, was in police custody from September 8 to October 2. As his identification period is yet to be conducted, the court has sent him in the
judicial custody, he said.
Bilal was arrested on September 8 from Subash Chandra Bose Marg in Nashik by Maharashtra ATS under the provisions of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
He had recced three security establishments – Nashik Police Commissionerate, Maharashtra Police Academy and Army camp at Deolali. He was recruited by Mirza Himayat Baig (29), head of Maharashtra LeT module, who was also arrested from Mahatma Gandhi bus stand in Pune on the same day in connection with Pune German Bakery blast left 17 dead and 56 injured.
Police had said Bilal visited LeT camps in Pakistan between January 2008 and early 2010 where he received advanced training in use of sophisticated weapons and making bombs.
He had sneaked into India thrice during the period through Bangladesh and Nepal border, police said.
Baig, who allegedly instructed Bilal to recce the places here and is presently under judicial custody in Pune, is also likely to produced in Nashik court, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened