Life imprisonment for Spanish woman rape case convict
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A court here on Friday awarded life imprisonment to the convict in the rape case of a 27-year-old Spanish musician.
The Spanish woman was raped and robbed at her rented flat in suburban Bandra in November 2012 by Mohammad Badshah, a history-sheeter.
The chargesheet in the case was filed in January this year.
As per the prosecution, Ansari sneaked into the flat of the woman, who was staying alone, through an open window and allegedly raped her after robbing her at knife point. He was arrested on November 6, 2012.
Ansari had been booked under Sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code.
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in up scale suburban Bandra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city