Life imprisonment for Spanish woman rape case convict
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A court here on Friday awarded life imprisonment to the convict in the rape case of a 27-year-old Spanish musician.
The Spanish woman was raped and robbed at her rented flat in suburban Bandra in November 2012 by Mohammad Badshah, a history-sheeter.
The chargesheet in the case was filed in January this year.
As per the prosecution, Ansari sneaked into the flat of the woman, who was staying alone, through an open window and allegedly raped her after robbing her at knife point. He was arrested on November 6, 2012.
Ansari had been booked under Sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code.
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in up scale suburban Bandra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!