Life imprisonment for Spanish woman rape case convict
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A court here on Friday awarded life imprisonment to the convict in the rape case of a 27-year-old Spanish musician.
The Spanish woman was raped and robbed at her rented flat in suburban Bandra in November 2012 by Mohammad Badshah, a history-sheeter.
The chargesheet in the case was filed in January this year.
As per the prosecution, Ansari sneaked into the flat of the woman, who was staying alone, through an open window and allegedly raped her after robbing her at knife point. He was arrested on November 6, 2012.
Ansari had been booked under Sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code.
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in up scale suburban Bandra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know