Life imprisonment for Spanish woman rape case convict
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A court here on Friday awarded life imprisonment to the convict in the rape case of a 27-year-old Spanish musician.
The Spanish woman was raped and robbed at her rented flat in suburban Bandra in November 2012 by Mohammad Badshah, a history-sheeter.
The chargesheet in the case was filed in January this year.
As per the prosecution, Ansari sneaked into the flat of the woman, who was staying alone, through an open window and allegedly raped her after robbing her at knife point. He was arrested on November 6, 2012.
Ansari had been booked under Sections 452 (house trespass), 392 (robbery), 376 (rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code.
The victim was staying as a tenant in a flat on the third floor of a building at Perry Cross Road in up scale suburban Bandra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch