Limit scribes, artists to one govt flat in Mumbai`
Mumbai: Objecting to allotment of more than one flat to artists and journalists, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has stressed that people doing menial jobs should also get houses of their own in Mumbai.
Asking Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to enact a law which would restrict artists, journalists and sportsmen to have only one flat in their name, he said, `Mathadi` (who carry loads on their head) workers should also get flats in the city.
"Enact a law through which a person can get one flat only. Artists, sportsmen and journalists should get, but only one house," he said.
"People belonging to middle class, economically weaker sections and those involved in menial works in Mumbai should get flats. MHADA and CIDCO are making every effort to provide houses to these people," he said.
Artists and journalists "grab opportunity" to acquire flats after a new Chief Minister takes charge, he alleged.
"If a new Chief Minister takes charge, then these people once again apply for flats. Some of them have 5-7 apartments acquired in the name of relatives," Pawar claimed, while speaking at the Yashwant co-operative programme here last evening.
While some people are benefited from government`s largesse, there are those who don`t have even a single flat here, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday