Live webcast from Mumbai`s Mahalakshmi temple proposed
Mumbai: Millions of devotees in India and abroad may be able to offer prayers to Goddess Lakshmi online during Navaratri this year if the famed Mahalakshmi temple`s authorities here approve a proposal to live webcast the `aarti`.
City-based Lodha Foundation has submitted the proposal of a website with live webcast facility to the Mahalakshmi Temple Charitable Trust, an official said.
"Millions of devotees, including aged and physically-disabled who cannot visit the temple, will be benefited by watching the `aarti` live if our proposal is accepted. Once prepared, the website will be donated to the trust," said Mangal Prabhat Lodha, founder of Lodha Foundation.
The foundation will develop the content and handle technological aspects of the webcast facility, he said.
Prominent temple trusts like Siddhivinayak temple here, Tirupati-Balaji in Andra Pradesh, Vaishno Devi in Jammu and Kashmir have their own websites.
The Mahalakshmi temple attracts millions of devotees every year. A fully-operational website with updates, programmes, activities and initiatives by the temple will also help the devotees, Lodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark