Local farmers to protest against DFC project
Thane: The proposed Dedicated Freight corridor (DFC) project between Baroda and Mumbai has got a stiff opposition from local farmers in the district, who have organised a `rasta roko` on Thursday, sources said.
The protests would be held at Ambadi here on Thursday at 11.00 am.
The villagers have formed an all-party action committee to opposed the project.
President of the committee Krishna Bhoir said thousands of farmers in the district will be affected as their land will be acquired for the DFC project.
"Sixty per cent of the road passes through the forest area and lakhs of trees will be chopped off for the project. We fear that several farmers will loose their land in the project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you