Local MLAs should decide on pending irrigation works: Chavan
Elected representatives should take an initiative and decide on prioritising pending irrigation projects in their respective areas, Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan said.
Whenever Central fund comes, whether for Vidarbha Marathwda or Western Maharashtra, one has to take quick decision on their disbursal, the Chief Minister said.
Funds estimated to be around Rs 2,400 crore may soon be coming for Vidarbha, Chavan said, talking a group of editors over breakfast at his official residence `Ramgiri` in the city where the winter session of legislature is on.
Talking about Gosikhurd irrigation project in Bhandara district of Vidarbha, Chavan said the Government has released Rs 1,300 crore as part of rehabilitation package.
On the issue of controversy over increase in irrigation potential by a mere 0.1 percent over the last 10 years, as reflected in the Economic Survey report of 2009-10, Chavan said the figure may not be correct.
The State was seeking help of the Centre for deputing experts to come to a definite conclusion about the increase in irrigation potential in the state, Chavan said.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!