Local MLAs should decide on pending irrigation works: Chavan
Elected representatives should take an initiative and decide on prioritising pending irrigation projects in their respective areas, Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan said.
Whenever Central fund comes, whether for Vidarbha Marathwda or Western Maharashtra, one has to take quick decision on their disbursal, the Chief Minister said.
Funds estimated to be around Rs 2,400 crore may soon be coming for Vidarbha, Chavan said, talking a group of editors over breakfast at his official residence `Ramgiri` in the city where the winter session of legislature is on.
Talking about Gosikhurd irrigation project in Bhandara district of Vidarbha, Chavan said the Government has released Rs 1,300 crore as part of rehabilitation package.
On the issue of controversy over increase in irrigation potential by a mere 0.1 percent over the last 10 years, as reflected in the Economic Survey report of 2009-10, Chavan said the figure may not be correct.
The State was seeking help of the Centre for deputing experts to come to a definite conclusion about the increase in irrigation potential in the state, Chavan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore