Local trains collide in Mumbai, no casualties
Mumbai: Two suburban local trains collided in Mumbai late on Saturday, but no casualties were reported in the incident.
An eyewitness told Zee News that several people were thrown off the train, which was standing on the platform at Andheri station, when another train hit it from behind.
The incident occurred at around 11.15 pm involving a Churchgate-Borivli train and a Virar-Churchgate train, just outside Andheri station.
Many people are reported to have been injured in the accident.
There were also reports of several angry passengers resorting to stone pelting.
The incident completely threw off gear the suburban railway services, hitting home-bound commuters hard even as several parts of northern Mumbai were lashed with heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj