Local trains collide in Mumbai, no casualties
Mumbai: Two suburban local trains collided in Mumbai late on Saturday, but no casualties were reported in the incident.
An eyewitness told Zee News that several people were thrown off the train, which was standing on the platform at Andheri station, when another train hit it from behind.
The incident occurred at around 11.15 pm involving a Churchgate-Borivli train and a Virar-Churchgate train, just outside Andheri station.
Many people are reported to have been injured in the accident.
There were also reports of several angry passengers resorting to stone pelting.
The incident completely threw off gear the suburban railway services, hitting home-bound commuters hard even as several parts of northern Mumbai were lashed with heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain