Local trains collide in Mumbai, no casualties
Mumbai: Two suburban local trains collided in Mumbai late on Saturday, but no casualties were reported in the incident.
An eyewitness told Zee News that several people were thrown off the train, which was standing on the platform at Andheri station, when another train hit it from behind.
The incident occurred at around 11.15 pm involving a Churchgate-Borivli train and a Virar-Churchgate train, just outside Andheri station.
Many people are reported to have been injured in the accident.
There were also reports of several angry passengers resorting to stone pelting.
The incident completely threw off gear the suburban railway services, hitting home-bound commuters hard even as several parts of northern Mumbai were lashed with heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!