Local trains collide in Mumbai, no casualties
Mumbai: Two suburban local trains collided in Mumbai late on Saturday, but no casualties were reported in the incident.
An eyewitness told Zee News that several people were thrown off the train, which was standing on the platform at Andheri station, when another train hit it from behind.
The incident occurred at around 11.15 pm involving a Churchgate-Borivli train and a Virar-Churchgate train, just outside Andheri station.
Many people are reported to have been injured in the accident.
There were also reports of several angry passengers resorting to stone pelting.
The incident completely threw off gear the suburban railway services, hitting home-bound commuters hard even as several parts of northern Mumbai were lashed with heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family