Local trains collide in Mumbai, no casualties
Mumbai: Two suburban local trains collided in Mumbai late on Saturday, but no casualties were reported in the incident.
An eyewitness told Zee News that several people were thrown off the train, which was standing on the platform at Andheri station, when another train hit it from behind.
The incident occurred at around 11.15 pm involving a Churchgate-Borivli train and a Virar-Churchgate train, just outside Andheri station.
Many people are reported to have been injured in the accident.
There were also reports of several angry passengers resorting to stone pelting.
The incident completely threw off gear the suburban railway services, hitting home-bound commuters hard even as several parts of northern Mumbai were lashed with heavy rains.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission