Locals to intensify protests against Jaitapur plant
Mumbai: Locals have threatened to intensify
their agitation against the proposed nuclear power plant at
Jaitapur in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district.
As part of the protests, people from 14-15 villages will
court arrest on January 24 and 25, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp
Virodhi Samiti co-ordinator Satyajit Chavan said here today.
"A model of the nuclear power plant will be buried to
mark the protest," he said.
Students will boycott the flag-hoisting ceremonies at
schools on Republic Day, he added.
Refuting allegations that the agitation was supported by
political parties, Chavan said that villagers were themselves
leading the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'