Locals to intensify protests against Jaitapur plant
Mumbai: Locals have threatened to intensify
their agitation against the proposed nuclear power plant at
Jaitapur in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district.
As part of the protests, people from 14-15 villages will
court arrest on January 24 and 25, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp
Virodhi Samiti co-ordinator Satyajit Chavan said here today.
"A model of the nuclear power plant will be buried to
mark the protest," he said.
Students will boycott the flag-hoisting ceremonies at
schools on Republic Day, he added.
Refuting allegations that the agitation was supported by
political parties, Chavan said that villagers were themselves
leading the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman