Locals to intensify protests against Jaitapur plant
Mumbai: Locals have threatened to intensify
their agitation against the proposed nuclear power plant at
Jaitapur in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district.
As part of the protests, people from 14-15 villages will
court arrest on January 24 and 25, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp
Virodhi Samiti co-ordinator Satyajit Chavan said here today.
"A model of the nuclear power plant will be buried to
mark the protest," he said.
Students will boycott the flag-hoisting ceremonies at
schools on Republic Day, he added.
Refuting allegations that the agitation was supported by
political parties, Chavan said that villagers were themselves
leading the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea