Locals to intensify protests against Jaitapur plant
Mumbai: Locals have threatened to intensify
their agitation against the proposed nuclear power plant at
Jaitapur in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district.
As part of the protests, people from 14-15 villages will
court arrest on January 24 and 25, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp
Virodhi Samiti co-ordinator Satyajit Chavan said here today.
"A model of the nuclear power plant will be buried to
mark the protest," he said.
Students will boycott the flag-hoisting ceremonies at
schools on Republic Day, he added.
Refuting allegations that the agitation was supported by
political parties, Chavan said that villagers were themselves
leading the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves