Locals to intensify protests against Jaitapur plant
Mumbai: Locals have threatened to intensify
their agitation against the proposed nuclear power plant at
Jaitapur in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district.
As part of the protests, people from 14-15 villages will
court arrest on January 24 and 25, Konkan Vinashkari Prakalp
Virodhi Samiti co-ordinator Satyajit Chavan said here today.
"A model of the nuclear power plant will be buried to
mark the protest," he said.
Students will boycott the flag-hoisting ceremonies at
schools on Republic Day, he added.
Refuting allegations that the agitation was supported by
political parties, Chavan said that villagers were themselves
leading the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie