Loharia murder case: HC refuses interim bail to Suresh Bijlani
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has refused to grant an interim bail to Navi Mumbai builder arrested in connection with the murder of rival builder Sunil Loharia.
Vacation Judge RD Dhanuka, hearing Suresh Bijlani`s plea yesterday, was of the view that interim bail of the applicant be heard along with his regular bail application on November 13.
Bijlani had sought interim bail on the ground that his father, Chellaram, was to undergo an operation for mouth cancer on November 9 and he needed to arrange funds for the same. The cost of the operation was around Rs 15 lakh, he told the court.
Bijlani pleaded that his wife had collected Rs five lakh for the operation and he had to arrange for the remaining amount. Hence, he needed to be released on interim bail so that his father can undergo the operation as advised by the doctors.
Additional Public Prosecutor AJ Dedhia pleaded that the crime branch had made inquiries in this regard from the Hiranandani Fortis hospital where Bijlani`s father was to undergo the operation. The police were told that the patient is yet to be admitted to the hospital.
Since the regular bail petition of Bijlani was to be heard by the court on November 13, the court said it would be proper if the interim bail plea of the applicant was heard on the same day.
Therefore, Justice Dhanuka said, Bijlani`s application was being clubbed with the main bail petition and placed for hearing on November 13.
In the regular bail application, Bijlani has pleaded that he was innocent and that he was being "framed" by police.
Loharia was shot dead outside his Navi Mumbai office on February 16.
Police have arrested nine persons, including the two alleged shooters Venkatesh Shettiar and Wajid Qureshi, former `encounter specialist` Emmanuel Amolik and Navi Mumbai builder Suresh Bijlani, in connection with Loharia`s murder.
Three accused are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA