`Lokmat` newspaper office in Jalgaon ransacked
Jalgaon: About a dozen
unidentified persons ransacked the local office of Marathi
daily `Lokmat` on Thursday evening and also assaulted some staffers,
The persons barged into the office, located in Golani
Complex in heart of the city, at around 4 pm.
They damaged the computers, glass doors, telephone
instruments, other office equipment, and also abused and beat
up some of the staffers, according to a complaint lodged by
one of the employees, Rajendra Shankar Wani.
Police suspect the attack was linked to a news report
in today edition about a woman from Walmik Nagar allegedly
forcing her daughter into flesh trade.
A group of residents from Walmik Nagar, angered by the
report, may have attacked the newspaper office, police said.
Policemen have been deployed at the Lokmat office and
a search has been launched to nab the attackers, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'