‘Lokpal Bill to be brought in winter session’
Mumbai: Promising to bring the Lokpal Bill
in Parliament in the Winter Session, government
on Sunday regretted that the anti-corruption agitation has become
"tyrannical" while Team Anna warned it will hit the streets
again if required.
Speaking at the WEF-CII organised India Economic Summit
here, Union Minister of State for Planning, Science and
Technology, Ashwani Kumar assured the people that the
government will table the Lokpal Bill in the Winter Session as
per the assurance given to Team Anna in August.
Kumar, however, regretted that "the anti-corruption
agitation has become tyrannical".
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi issued a warning that it
would "hit the streets" by launching another agitation
and force the government to table the Bill if it was not done
in the Winter Session.
"We are hopeful (that government will table it) because
they are boxed. They do not have a choice... its against their
will, they are not doing it by heart, they are doing it by
compulsion," Bedi told reporters on the sidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early