‘Lokpal Bill to be brought in winter session’
Mumbai: Promising to bring the Lokpal Bill
in Parliament in the Winter Session, government
on Sunday regretted that the anti-corruption agitation has become
"tyrannical" while Team Anna warned it will hit the streets
again if required.
Speaking at the WEF-CII organised India Economic Summit
here, Union Minister of State for Planning, Science and
Technology, Ashwani Kumar assured the people that the
government will table the Lokpal Bill in the Winter Session as
per the assurance given to Team Anna in August.
Kumar, however, regretted that "the anti-corruption
agitation has become tyrannical".
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi issued a warning that it
would "hit the streets" by launching another agitation
and force the government to table the Bill if it was not done
in the Winter Session.
"We are hopeful (that government will table it) because
they are boxed. They do not have a choice... its against their
will, they are not doing it by heart, they are doing it by
compulsion," Bedi told reporters on the sidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer