Lokpal: VHP calls for support to Hazare
Mumbai: Coming out in support of a strong
Lokpal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said Anna Hazare`s
movement for an effective anti-corruption ombudsman needs the
backing of people.
"Social activist Anna Hazare is alone in his fight for
a strong Lokpal and people from across the country should
support him. A strong Lokpal should be there," VHP president
Ashok Singhal told reporters.
The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the draft of
the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill that is to be tabled in
Parliament during the upcoming monsoon session.
The Prime Minister and the judiciary have been
excluded from the ambit of the Lokpal Bill.
The Anna Hazare team has described the Lokpal Bill as
a "deceit on the nation".
Hazare has announced he will sit on an indefinite fast
at Jantar Mantar from August 16 demanding the withdrawal of
the government`s Lokpal Bill. Delhi Police have, however,
denied permission for the fast at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan