Lokpal: VHP calls for support to Hazare
Mumbai: Coming out in support of a strong
Lokpal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said Anna Hazare`s
movement for an effective anti-corruption ombudsman needs the
backing of people.
"Social activist Anna Hazare is alone in his fight for
a strong Lokpal and people from across the country should
support him. A strong Lokpal should be there," VHP president
Ashok Singhal told reporters.
The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the draft of
the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill that is to be tabled in
Parliament during the upcoming monsoon session.
The Prime Minister and the judiciary have been
excluded from the ambit of the Lokpal Bill.
The Anna Hazare team has described the Lokpal Bill as
a "deceit on the nation".
Hazare has announced he will sit on an indefinite fast
at Jantar Mantar from August 16 demanding the withdrawal of
the government`s Lokpal Bill. Delhi Police have, however,
denied permission for the fast at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea