Lokpal: VHP calls for support to Hazare
Mumbai: Coming out in support of a strong
Lokpal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said Anna Hazare`s
movement for an effective anti-corruption ombudsman needs the
backing of people.
"Social activist Anna Hazare is alone in his fight for
a strong Lokpal and people from across the country should
support him. A strong Lokpal should be there," VHP president
Ashok Singhal told reporters.
The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the draft of
the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill that is to be tabled in
Parliament during the upcoming monsoon session.
The Prime Minister and the judiciary have been
excluded from the ambit of the Lokpal Bill.
The Anna Hazare team has described the Lokpal Bill as
a "deceit on the nation".
Hazare has announced he will sit on an indefinite fast
at Jantar Mantar from August 16 demanding the withdrawal of
the government`s Lokpal Bill. Delhi Police have, however,
denied permission for the fast at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Just found! Huge stash of ancient Helium in Africa's rift valley
- Not Ravi Shastri, but this man was Anil Kumble's biggest challenger for coaching job
- Euro 2016: Italy's 2-0 win shows Spain's golden era gone for good
- Rio Olympics 2016: Simona Halep too could pull out of event because of Zika fears
- 21-year-old commits suicide over morphed Facebook images