Lokpal: VHP calls for support to Hazare
Mumbai: Coming out in support of a strong
Lokpal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said Anna Hazare`s
movement for an effective anti-corruption ombudsman needs the
backing of people.
"Social activist Anna Hazare is alone in his fight for
a strong Lokpal and people from across the country should
support him. A strong Lokpal should be there," VHP president
Ashok Singhal told reporters.
The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the draft of
the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill that is to be tabled in
Parliament during the upcoming monsoon session.
The Prime Minister and the judiciary have been
excluded from the ambit of the Lokpal Bill.
The Anna Hazare team has described the Lokpal Bill as
a "deceit on the nation".
Hazare has announced he will sit on an indefinite fast
at Jantar Mantar from August 16 demanding the withdrawal of
the government`s Lokpal Bill. Delhi Police have, however,
denied permission for the fast at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption