Lover arrested for murder of woman whose body was found at CST
Mumbai: The Pune railway police on Saturday claimed to have solved the murder case where a young woman`s body had been found in an abandoned trolley-bag at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus here on September 26, with the arrest of her paramour.
Pravin Thakre (29), who was in a live-in relationship with the victim Roshni, was arrested in Pune, police said.
"We arrested Pravin in the afternoon and he is being taken to Mumbai," said Suryakant Noukudkar, inspector, Pune Railway police.
According to police sources, Pravin and Roshni were staying together since 2002, and had a four-year-old child from the relationship. However Pravin fell in love with another girl, which caused spats between the two.
Roshni was killed on September 26. Her body, stuffed in trolley-bag, was found at CST on the morning of September 26.
The post-mortem report indicated that victim had been assaulted and strangled.
CCTV footage at CST showed two persons aged between 25-30 years -- one of them Pravin -- standing with the bag on the platform for a while after getting down from Pune-Mumbai Sinhgad Express, and then rushing away, leaving the bag behind.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today