Lover arrested for murder of woman whose body was found at CST
Mumbai: The Pune railway police on Saturday claimed to have solved the murder case where a young woman`s body had been found in an abandoned trolley-bag at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus here on September 26, with the arrest of her paramour.
Pravin Thakre (29), who was in a live-in relationship with the victim Roshni, was arrested in Pune, police said.
"We arrested Pravin in the afternoon and he is being taken to Mumbai," said Suryakant Noukudkar, inspector, Pune Railway police.
According to police sources, Pravin and Roshni were staying together since 2002, and had a four-year-old child from the relationship. However Pravin fell in love with another girl, which caused spats between the two.
Roshni was killed on September 26. Her body, stuffed in trolley-bag, was found at CST on the morning of September 26.
The post-mortem report indicated that victim had been assaulted and strangled.
CCTV footage at CST showed two persons aged between 25-30 years -- one of them Pravin -- standing with the bag on the platform for a while after getting down from Pune-Mumbai Sinhgad Express, and then rushing away, leaving the bag behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men