Low intensity blast in Pune; one hurt
Pune: A minor explosion has took place at Laxmi Tara Complex at Dangee Chowk near Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township here in Pune on Friday evening.
According to reports, the incident took place on the staircase of a residential building, Laxmi Tara, at around 4pm and a five-year-old boy was injured. Bomb disposal squad teams have reached the explosion site to investigate nature of the explosion.
The injured boy, Piyush Walunje, has been admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries, police said.
"Terror attack or sabotage angle" has been ruled out by Pune police which said that situation is under control.
The blast was apparently caused by a short circuit, triggering panic in the city.Though the exact cause is being investigated, police suspect it could have been caused by sparks in electrical wires, pieces of which were found at the spot.
Police stressed that citizens in Pune should not panic as the blast was of low intensity.
"It was a small explosion. There was a high tension wire going through the area which apparently short-circuited," Joint Commissioner of Police S K Singhal said.
He also told a news channel, "One small child is injured. We are trying to investigate. It is not clear how the blast occurred. It`s of a low intensity. Citizens should not panic."
Singhal said police were investigating the case and the authorities were already on high alert in the city.
Asking people not to believe in rumours, Singhal said that they should immediate seek clarification from police control room in case of any doubt.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career
- Tricks to preserve wedding attire
- Amitabh Bachchan to bat for girl child rights at Modi's achievement bash