Lunch sans ice-cream for Ajit Pawar puts 2 engineers in a spot
Zee News Bureau
Aurangabad: After the water for votes controversy, Maharashtra`s deputy CM Ajit Pawar has kicked off another controversy after two engineers were issued show cause notice for failing to serve him dessert after lunch at a PWD guest house.
As per reports, Pawar had stopped at the guest house in Aurangabad for lunch on his way to Jalna to attend a meeting of Nationalist Congress Party leaders.
After lunch was served, he reportedly asked what was dessert only to be told that no arrangement for the same had been made. Pawar did not react and left without creating any fuss.
However, NCP workers found the absence of dessert as an insult to their leader and reportedly complained to the district collector and asked him to fix responsibility for the lapse.
Following which two engineers, including the person who was incharge of the guest house, have been asked to provide an explanation for the same.
The Opposition BJP has termed the incident as one more example of the NCP`s arrogance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet