Magsaysay awardee Neelima`s US visa cleared
Pune: The American Consulate in Mumbai on Monday cleared the US visa for Magsaysay award winner Neelima Mishra
after rejecting her application last week, sources close to
the social activist said.
The Consulate had on last Friday rejected the application
of Mishra, winner of the 2011 Magsaysay award for her rural
development work in North Maharashtra, stating that her
"unsatisfactory social and economic status" did not permit
clearance of visa for her to travel to the US, her secretary
The Consulate officials had however, called her up in the
evening on Friday asking her to approach them again with the
letter of visa rejection on Monday.
"Today, she gave a fresh interview in the morning and she
was assured that her visa will be dispatched to her within two
days," Amol Kolhe, Secretary to Mishra said.
The activist credited with exceptional work in forming
women`s self help groups and developing a micro-credit network
in rural areas of Jalgaon district in Maharashtra, will be
going to Chicago to deliver a key note address at the 9th
International Conference organised by India Development
Coalition of America on her concept of model self sustaining
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands