Mah Guv sends 60 pleas on pardon for Sanjay Dutt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan has sent 60 representations and petitions received by him from various individuals and organisations, both seeking and opposing clemency for Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt to the State Home Department.
In a letter dated April 4, 2013 addressed to the Additional Chief Secretary to Government of Maharashtra, Home Department, the Secretary to the Governor Vikas Chandra Rastogi has sent copies of all the representations received by the Governor during the last few days to the State Government, a Raj Bhawan spokesperson said today.
Such petitions seeking pardon are in the normal course forwarded to the Home Department by the Governor to seek its opinion.
The Governor had received representations on this issue from citizens and organisations from all parts of the country. These include those sent by Justice (retd) Markandeya Katju, Chairman, Press Council of India and others.
Earlier, the Governor had sent the petition received from expelled Samajwadi Party`s leader Amar Singh and Lok Sabha MP Jaya Prada to the State Home Department on 28th March 2013.
At least 25 individuals and organisations from out of the 60 petitioners have opposed pardon for actor Sanjay Dutt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing