Mah NCP two-day meeting at Aurangabad
Mumbai: A two-day meeting of the Maharashtra
unit of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) will be held in
Aurangabad on February six and seven.
Union Agriculture Minister and party chief Sharad Pawar
will participate in the deliberations on the concluding day,
party spokesman Madan Bafna said here today.
The conclave will be inaugurated by state unit president
Madhukar Pichad. Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel will be
present on the first day along with Deputy Chief MInister
Chhagan Bhujbal, he said.
Strengthening of the party at the grassroots level would
be the focus on the discussions, Bafna said.
District-wise and zonal-wise meetings are also being
planned, he said.
To a question on delay in announcement of working
committee and office-bearers, Bafna said the process of
finalising the names was in progress and the final decision
will be taken after consultations with Pawar on February two.
He said appointments of all district unit chiefs have
been made except Nagpur, Amravati and Amravati city district
unit chiefs are pending.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today