Maha: 3 children killed in road mishap, 14 injured
Amravati: Three students of nursery class were killed and 14 others sustained injuries when their school bus collided with another bus at Navsari here on Tuesday morning, police said.
The mishap occurred at around 8 am on Tuesday when the school bus carrying children, in the age group of 3 to 7, from adjoining Walgaon, Khartalegaon and Kund Sarjapur villages, collided with a MSRTC mini bus coming towards Amravati from Paratwada at Navsari bypass intersection.
The school bus driver failed to notice the mini bus and collided with it.
Three children were killed on the spot, while 14 others were injured, including two of them seriously, Gadge Nagar police station ACP Mohan Kshirsagar said.
The deceased children were identified as - Om Ashish Pawar, Rohit Satish Kukade and Utkarsha Pradeep Nirmal.
The injured have been admitted to district general hospital and other private hospitals in the city.
Drivers of both the buses have been taken into custody, Kshirsagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal