Maha asks Centre for additional security force during Ganeshotsav
Nagpur: Maharashtra government has sought 20 companies of Central Para-Military Force to ensure better law and order situation during the Ganesh festival in the state commencing from Wednesday, Home Minister RR Patil said.
The deployment of additional para-military forces will help reduce the burden on the local police, as tight security is required during Ganesh festivities all over the state, Patil told reporters here yesterday.
The demand was made by the state government during the recent meeting of the top inter-state police officials held in New Delhi, he said.
Meanwhile, appreciating the gesture of Shiv Sena and MNS to stay away from the proposed Bharat Bandh on Sep 20 in Mumbai as many devotees immerse Ganesh idols on the second day of the 10-day festival, Patil urged the BJP to follow the alliance partners in not joining the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report