Maha asks Centre for additional security force during Ganeshotsav
Nagpur: Maharashtra government has sought 20 companies of Central Para-Military Force to ensure better law and order situation during the Ganesh festival in the state commencing from Wednesday, Home Minister RR Patil said.
The deployment of additional para-military forces will help reduce the burden on the local police, as tight security is required during Ganesh festivities all over the state, Patil told reporters here yesterday.
The demand was made by the state government during the recent meeting of the top inter-state police officials held in New Delhi, he said.
Meanwhile, appreciating the gesture of Shiv Sena and MNS to stay away from the proposed Bharat Bandh on Sep 20 in Mumbai as many devotees immerse Ganesh idols on the second day of the 10-day festival, Patil urged the BJP to follow the alliance partners in not joining the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical