Maha asks Centre for additional security force during Ganeshotsav
Nagpur: Maharashtra government has sought 20 companies of Central Para-Military Force to ensure better law and order situation during the Ganesh festival in the state commencing from Wednesday, Home Minister RR Patil said.
The deployment of additional para-military forces will help reduce the burden on the local police, as tight security is required during Ganesh festivities all over the state, Patil told reporters here yesterday.
The demand was made by the state government during the recent meeting of the top inter-state police officials held in New Delhi, he said.
Meanwhile, appreciating the gesture of Shiv Sena and MNS to stay away from the proposed Bharat Bandh on Sep 20 in Mumbai as many devotees immerse Ganesh idols on the second day of the 10-day festival, Patil urged the BJP to follow the alliance partners in not joining the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Bajaj Pulsar cs400 spotted testing again; launching soon
- Mars once hosted habitable environments, reveals study!
- Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq placed under house arrest in Srinagar
- New Victory RR electric superbike aims at Isle of Man TT Zero
- Karnataka 2nd PUC result declared, overall pass percentage 57.20