Maha asks Centre for additional security force during Ganeshotsav
Nagpur: Maharashtra government has sought 20 companies of Central Para-Military Force to ensure better law and order situation during the Ganesh festival in the state commencing from Wednesday, Home Minister RR Patil said.
The deployment of additional para-military forces will help reduce the burden on the local police, as tight security is required during Ganesh festivities all over the state, Patil told reporters here yesterday.
The demand was made by the state government during the recent meeting of the top inter-state police officials held in New Delhi, he said.
Meanwhile, appreciating the gesture of Shiv Sena and MNS to stay away from the proposed Bharat Bandh on Sep 20 in Mumbai as many devotees immerse Ganesh idols on the second day of the 10-day festival, Patil urged the BJP to follow the alliance partners in not joining the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan