Maha asks Centre for additional security force during Ganeshotsav
Nagpur: Maharashtra government has sought 20 companies of Central Para-Military Force to ensure better law and order situation during the Ganesh festival in the state commencing from Wednesday, Home Minister RR Patil said.
The deployment of additional para-military forces will help reduce the burden on the local police, as tight security is required during Ganesh festivities all over the state, Patil told reporters here yesterday.
The demand was made by the state government during the recent meeting of the top inter-state police officials held in New Delhi, he said.
Meanwhile, appreciating the gesture of Shiv Sena and MNS to stay away from the proposed Bharat Bandh on Sep 20 in Mumbai as many devotees immerse Ganesh idols on the second day of the 10-day festival, Patil urged the BJP to follow the alliance partners in not joining the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick