Maha Assembly adjourned for day over CVC appointment issue
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Assembly was on Tuesday adjourned for the day amid stalled proceedings over the
controversial appointment of P J Thomas as the Chief Vigilance
Commissioner, with BJP members demanding resignation of Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan on the issue.
Initially, the Lower House was adjourned for nearly an
hour till the end of the Question Hour, and later when Leader
of Opposition Eknath Khadse rose to speak on the issue through
an adjournment notice.
As soon as Khadse started speaking, Congress members Baba
Siddique, Nilesh Parvekar, Amin Patel and others rushed to
aisle shouting slogans. This was countered by BJP members like
Girish Mahajan and others.
As the members were attempting to gather in the well
below the Speaker`s podium, Chavan, who was present in the
House was seen asking the Congress members to move backwards.
BJP legislator Devendra Phadanvis also rushed asking his
party colleagues not to step into the well.
Amidst noisy scenes, Khadse read out his adjournment
notice seeking clarification from Chavan who was the Minister
of State in PMO when Thomas was appointed.
He also demanded a discussion on the issue in the House.
Earlier, after the House re-assembled following the first
adjournment till the end of the Question Hour, BJP members
shouted slogans demanding resignation of the Chief Minister.
As soon as the House assembled for the day in the
morning, Khadse raised the issue, to which the Speaker Dilip
Walse Patil had said the matter did not pertain to the state
government and hence could not be allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant