Maha Assembly mourns demise of former members
Nagpur: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to former members of the House who passed away recently.
Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, moving a condolence motion, narrated the legislators` contribution to the House in particular and society in general.
The deceased include Dattaraya Patil, former Opposition Leader, Ganpati Dada Lad, Vitthal alias Bapusaheb Kaldate, Shashishekar Athlaye, Ramdas Yadav (Lonikar), Gajanan Loke, Narayanbhau Mohni, Navneetbhai Barshikar and Hanumantrao Bobade.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Bala Nandgaonkar (MNS), Ganpatrao Deshmukh (PWP) and Girish Bapat (BJP) also spoke on the condolence resolution.
The House observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video