Maha Assembly mourns demise of former members
Nagpur: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to former members of the House who passed away recently.
Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, moving a condolence motion, narrated the legislators` contribution to the House in particular and society in general.
The deceased include Dattaraya Patil, former Opposition Leader, Ganpati Dada Lad, Vitthal alias Bapusaheb Kaldate, Shashishekar Athlaye, Ramdas Yadav (Lonikar), Gajanan Loke, Narayanbhau Mohni, Navneetbhai Barshikar and Hanumantrao Bobade.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Bala Nandgaonkar (MNS), Ganpatrao Deshmukh (PWP) and Girish Bapat (BJP) also spoke on the condolence resolution.
The House observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!