Maha Assembly mourns demise of former members
Nagpur: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to former members of the House who passed away recently.
Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan, moving a condolence motion, narrated the legislators` contribution to the House in particular and society in general.
The deceased include Dattaraya Patil, former Opposition Leader, Ganpati Dada Lad, Vitthal alias Bapusaheb Kaldate, Shashishekar Athlaye, Ramdas Yadav (Lonikar), Gajanan Loke, Narayanbhau Mohni, Navneetbhai Barshikar and Hanumantrao Bobade.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Bala Nandgaonkar (MNS), Ganpatrao Deshmukh (PWP) and Girish Bapat (BJP) also spoke on the condolence resolution.
The House observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere