Maha ATS arrests two for plotting to blow up ONGC HQ
Mumbai: Two terror suspects allegedly
operating here for a Pakistan-based terror outfit have been
arrested for planning terror strikes at ONGC headquarters and
two markets in the metropolis, Anti Terrorism Squad said
Acting on a tip-off by Central security agencies,
Abdul Latif alias Guddu (29) and Riyaz Ali alias Rehan (23) --
residents of Bandra and Dahisar areas in suburban city
respectively -- were arrested from near Matunga railway
station in central Mumbai Saturday night, ATS chief K P
Raghuvanshi told reporters.
The duo had conducted recce of three targets -
headquarters of public sector petroleum company Oil and
Natural Gas Corporation (ONCG), Thakkar Mall and Malgaldas
Market - and were planning to carry out attacks which included
sabotage and setting them on fire.
"We have established that their targets were ONGC in
suburban Bandra, Thakkar Mall and Malgaldas Market. They
wanted to execute their terror plans soon. Their plans
included sabotage and setting ablaze the targets," he said.
Thakkar Mall is located in suburban Borivali while
Mangaldas Market, one of the largest indoor cloth and dress
material markets in the city, is situated in south Mumbai.
"Preliminary probe suggested the duo were getting
instructions from someone called `Uncle` from Pakistan to
execute their activities here," Raghuvanshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’