Maha ATS, CB reconstruct events before Mum blasts
Mumbai: The Maharashtra ATS and city Crime
Branch probing the Mumbai serial blasts said on Friday said has
reconstructed the sequence of events at two of the three sites
before the blasts with the help of CCTV footages.
"The sequence of events that led to the blasts at Zaveri
Bazaar and Opera House on July 13 has been reconstructed with
the help of CCTV footages. We now have got the actual idea as
to what had happened on that fateful day," said an IPS officer
probing the blasts case.
The blast incident was not captured on the CCTV at Dadar,
the official said, adding, "The investigators have possession
of CCTV visuals of seven days prior to the blasts at the Opera
When asked how many people were involved in placing the
explosives before blasts, the official said, "at least six
persons may have been involved in placing the explosives at
three locations. But the actual number could be known only
after the accused`s arrest."
Asked about the reports of getting "good leads" from
Pune and Parbhani cities of the state, "We have been
questioning several people for the leads from within and
outside the state. We do have good leads in the case."
The ATS had taken the help of technical experts, who have
worked on Hollywood movies, to get the clear picture of the
grainy images in the CCTV footages and the agency got
"excellent results" of the footages, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video