Maha ATS officer Sanjay Banerjee cremated
Thane: Deputy Commissioner of Police with Maharashtra ATS, Sanjay Banerjee, who shot himself to death at a restaurant in the presence of his family members, was cremated on Sunday.
Several police officers including state ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Thane`s police commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi, who once headed the ATS, were present at the funeral.
Meanwhile, it was still not known as to what caused the officer to end his life. The Thane police maintained that they were investigating the case.
According to police, Banerjee (45), along with his family members, had gone for lunch at a local restaurant yesterday and while conversing with them, he suddenly pulled out his revolver and shot himself.
He was taken to the civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report