Maha ATS officer Sanjay Banerjee cremated
Thane: Deputy Commissioner of Police with Maharashtra ATS, Sanjay Banerjee, who shot himself to death at a restaurant in the presence of his family members, was cremated on Sunday.
Several police officers including state ATS chief Rakesh Maria and Thane`s police commissioner Kris Pal Raghuvanshi, who once headed the ATS, were present at the funeral.
Meanwhile, it was still not known as to what caused the officer to end his life. The Thane police maintained that they were investigating the case.
According to police, Banerjee (45), along with his family members, had gone for lunch at a local restaurant yesterday and while conversing with them, he suddenly pulled out his revolver and shot himself.
He was taken to the civil hospital, where he was declared dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical