Maha BJP divided over white paper on irrigation `scam`?
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde on Saturday demanded setting up of a special committee to draft contents of white paper on the status of irrigation projects, days after his senior and BJP leader Gopinath Munde raised the pitch for CBI probe.
"State government should set-up a three-member committee comprising secretaries of various departments, excluding the irrigation department, and the committee should prepare the white paper on irrigation," Tawde told a press conference.
Tawde`s demand comes a couple of days after Munde went public for CBI investigation in the irrigation "scam".
"Simply tabling a white paper on irrigation will not serve the purpose. We want investigation by CBI in the irrigation scam. Rs 72,000 crore was spent on irrigation projects, but only one percent increase is seen (in irrigation potential)," Munde had said.
Pushing his argument for excluding irrigation department in preparing the white paper, Tawde said, "If the government comes out with a white-paper, it will only be an eyewash and the real truth will not come out before people".
On the meeting between Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar on October 4, Tawde said, "In order to protect his chair the chief minister will come out with the white paper".
Ajit Pawar while stepping down as the deputy chief minister had appealed for expediting the process to bring out the white paper, the announcement for which was made by Chavan in May.
Tawade said he has written a letter to Chavan listing demands that he wanted to be included while drafting the white paper.
The document should include details of the irrigation projects. The comparison between initial project costs and the revised cost should be mentioned (in White Paper) and also the causes for cost escalation," he said.
"Details of year-wise and project-wise irrigation potential created for Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme projects in comparison to the commitment for area of irrigation potential by the state government to the Centre be also listed in white paper," Tawde demanded.
He also wanted the inclusion of those projects for which administrative approval has been granted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!