Maha BJP seeks Dhananjay Munde`s expulsion
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday demanded that
party MLC Dhananjay Munde, who shared stage with Deputy Chief
Minister and NCP leader Ajit Pawar in Parli this morning, be
expelled for anti-party activities.
A report to this effect had been sent to the central
disciplinary committee of the party, leader of opposition in
the Legislative Council, Vinod Tawde, said here.
Panditanna Munde, Dhananjay`s father and the elder
brother of senior party leader Gopinath Munde, joined NCP
today in Dhananjay`s presence.
"Since Dhananjay is an MLC, action against him has to
come from the BJP central disciplinary committee. We have sent
a detailed report about his participation in opening of NCP
office and presence on stage at the NCP rally. This is gross
indiscipline and will not be tolerated," Tawde said.
He said the party will also approach Legislative Council
chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh, seeking Dhananjay`s
disqualification as a member of the state`s upper house.
"He has been elected to the Council on BJP ticket.
Dhananjay`s conduct attracts provisions of the anti-defection
law," Tawde said.
When asked why BJP did not act against Dhananjay when he
put up a candidate against party`s official nominee in the
election of chairman of Parli municipal council, Tawde said
prima facie his involvement in the episode could not be
He said taking decision on Dhananjay was necessary to
send across a message that indiscipline will not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves